CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 11, 2012

Sassy & Classy Mother's Day Card

Thank goodness its Friday!!! I'm so ready for the weekend. I'm sharing a card I made for Mother's Day for one of my dear friends. I love the way this card turned out. It is so cute!!! I should have massed produced it, but no, my cards are usually one of a kind made for each unique individual. But I'm thinking it would save me a lot of time at holidays to mass produce one awesome design.

This card is sassy and class just like my friend. I am loving the colors I picked for this card and the grey background was stamped by me to make my own print/pattern paper. The outfit the lady is wearing was printed on my Cricut Imagine machine using the Black and White cartridge, I also inked the edges with some white chalk ink and I love the effect it created. I added a cute tiny flower and a rhinestone with my iRock for some sparkle. Towards the bottom I added some matching sheer ribbon. The card shape is cut from Birthday Bash (love that cartridge) and the lady is cut from Forever Young. The sentiment if from MCT.




 Here is a coordinating tag I cut to go on the gift box. I love this tag with its scalloped edge on the bottom!

 I also added some black ribbon on the waist to look like a belt, but in the picture its a wee hard to see. 

I also stamped and inked the tag and added matching ribbon. 



I will be entering the card into the these challenge:
1. Exploring Cricut - use a Cricut cut
2. Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings - Mother's day theme with ribbon
3. The Ribbon Carousel - use a Mother's Day sentiment
4. Made Especially For You -  MD card with ribbon
5. Cardz Tv - There's no other like my mother
6. My Sheri Crafts - MD card use a flower

9 comments:

Jovan said...

FABULOUS card...love the colors and papers!

Eileen said...

LOVE IT!!! Your title says it all ... this is definitely one sassy and classy card ... love the hand on the hip! Love the colour scheme and cool shape too! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Made Especially For You!

Sharon said...

Oh so very pretty!!! Love her outfit!! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

Diane said...

Love it! Thanks for entering our challenge at Exploring Cricut.

Arcy Scraps said...

This card is FABULOUS!!
Thank you for joining us at ME4Y!
♥ Cyndy

Life and Knits said...

So much sass and class! Love it!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Made Especially For You
Susie

Unknown said...

such a fab card! love the size of it too! thanks for joining us at MEFY!

Kristy said...

What a great card! I love the colors! : )

Kristy
www.scraptasticalkreations.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Pretty, love the slimness of this card, colors are perfect, thanks for joining CCC!