CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mermaid In The Sun Card

Hello again Crafty friends,
I know its been a while since my last post, but I have been super busy in other areas of life. Therefore, my crafting has been neglected a bit. But I'm getting my motor running again and I made this BEAUTIFUL card today with a really cute mermaid digi image from The Paper Shelter. I have fallen in love with several of their images and I will be buying more. I made this card with a sweet friend in mind. She lives back east and I like to poke fun at how sunny and warm the weather is here on the west coast in sunny Cali, so this card is perfect with it's sunny SMILE sentiment (from Close To My Heart) and fun sea scenery.

I colored the image with Copic markers, added some Stickles for bling and sparkle, added Glossy Accents on the water, some of the starfish have sand paste on them. I also distressed the edge of two of the star fish with brown Distress Ink and two were distressed over the whole thing with orange Distress Ink. I love the way this card turned out.








I will enter this card into the following challenges:
1. Sentimental Sundays
2. Gingerloft Challenge
3. The Paper Shelter
4. Paper Play Time
5. Creative Inspirations
6. Tammy's Scrapin Corner

7 comments:

Shell said...

Lovely card hun, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Shell xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Very pretty card. I love the images and the way you colored her. The sparkles are wonderful. Great Job. Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner and good luck in the drawing...joann sassy raggedy

Unknown said...

I love this Mermaid, The stickles really add to the effect.

Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

Georgiana said...

Very pretty. I sure do like all those starfish.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Lisa said...

I absolutely love this!! What a gorgeous card!! The mermaid is stunning!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Heather said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the colouring on the little mermaid. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week.

mum of two said...

That mermaid is GORGEOUS! I love the sparkle and how you colored her. Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime, I hope you come back and visit us again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com