CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 29, 2012

4th of July Layout 2012

Happy Friday!

With 4th of July around the corner, I decided to make a layout for our 2012 family scrapbook instead of making a card. The tags will hold a 4 1/2" x 2 3/4" photo. They were cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge, inked with white chalk ink and I added a white wide eyelet and ribbon. The word "Freedom" was cut from Independence Day as was the "4th of July, but I used my Cricut markers to write it instead of cutting it. I then trimmed around it and and added a shadow by trimming a second color behind it. I added some Stickles, Glitter pen, and markers to the writing. This layout seems a little busy to me in colors in patterns, but its my "fireworks" layout, so that's what you get I guess. LOL.


This pattern paper was super thin, so I cut a cereal box and glued them together for added strength and thickness. Worked perfect.


Use the back measurement foot in your Crop A Dile to make sure all your punches are lined up evenly.


I needed some white wide eyelets...had none, so I used white embossing powder to cover them white. I first use a white paint marker which works, but was taking too long to dry (and I am impatient when putting a layout together) so I wiped it off and use embossing powder. Worked pretty good...but when you squeeze in your CAD it can chip the paint/embossing powder. You've been warned. Hehehe!


I used my tear edge ruler to make the torn strips of paper even.


I added some Stickles to the 4, but it made the three tiny stars inside the 4 almost disappear even though I Stickles around them. So I added some yellow glitter pen to try and bring them out again.


I added some diamond Stickles to "Freedom" and some brads around it. They look like fireworks.



I cut the stars with silver foil paper. So cute!



I will enter this layout into these challenges:
1. Paper Issues -Picnics & Patriots
2. Crafty Sentiments Designs -Red, white & blue
3. Scrappy Moms Stamps - Patriotic Pride
4. Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Sporty and or Patriotic

5 comments:

Norma G. said...

Fun layout, love all the tearing. Seems I can't do any project without a little tearing it's one of my favorite things to do. Take Care :D

Lin said...

Great layout showcasing the red, white, and blue! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Sãndra V. said...

Love the layout. Super fantastic. The tags and lettering are awesome. If OK with you, I may have to scrap lift a few ideas from this layout to add to a layout I am working on (only if it's OK with you). Thanks for sharing!
Happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~Sandra V.
http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

Fantastic layout! Thank you for playiong along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

- Mel

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful card - love the tags
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Red,White and Blue challenge
Lisa x