CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Challenge- School Card






Hello, I found a cool blog today, Cards by Jovan and there was a challenge to make a school card. I thought, YIPPE! I can't seem to get enough of the school theme right now. LOL. I made a school house cut from My Community cart and a bus cut from Doodlecharms (a must have cart with tons of useful stuff that is super easy to layer). I made the sentiment on the front on my computer and cut the edge with a border punch by EK called Binding Edge---LOVE it. I added a "road" made of black dashed ribbon (l heart that kind of ribbon). After deciding my sentiment, I thought a real bell in the school house bell tower would be so cool and cute. I must say it came out SUPER cute and realistic. In order for the bell to lay right you need to pop up the front layer of the house on some pop dots. So if you shake the card it rings (rocks!). I also used some iRocks on the bus and I didn't have any red ones, so I colored it with a red Copic marker and it worked like a charm. I went back and added some glossy accents to the window you can see from the before and after picture how the Glossy Accents turned the windows I had colored with a white gel pen pink. I think it looks cute though like some curtains hanging in the window. TTYL

1 comment:

Jovan said...

OMG...I just love your card! Thanks so much for playing!