CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Challenge Card- A Little Birdie Told Me

Hello, I am entering this card into a challenge.






I picked one piece of paper and let everything else inspire me from there. The sentiment was actually cut from the printed cardstock I used for the base layer of the card. I then cut a 2.5" scallop from Mini Monograms to layer the 2" circle shape sentiment on. The card is 5.5x5.5". The rectangles are 2x3" and layered with 2.25x3.25" rectangles. I actually used a white piece of card stock to make the folded card base (since that is my thickest most sturdiest cardstock on hand) and just colored the edge with a black Copic marker called 100 Black and you'd never know the difference. I stamped the hummingbird on the paper. I also used my Sew Easy tool (for the first time ever, even though I've had it for months-LOL) and did some hand stitching above the bird. By the way, if you don't have any Sew Easy thread you can use embroidery floss with the Sew Easy tool, which works great and only cost $0.20 at Michaels...and I think Joann sells the same brand too. I LOVE the way the stitching turned out. I made some pearl dots on the card with a Viva Decor Pearl Pen. There is also a looped edge black ribbon across the card. I'm really digging this card!

No comments: